01 March 2013

3 Chocolate Desserts in 1 Recipe

chocolate cookies no egg

I've never posted about food before but there is always a first.  I was so excited I had to share this recipe.  Cooking is one of my many crafts and as a wife and mother of 4 I am always cooking.  I frequently have to make something out of nothing for dinner and often our best ideas come out of necessity.  

I NEEDED something sweet but most recipes call for eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, and butter.  What was I going to do?  I didn't have any of those.  This really limited my options for something sweet.  
I found a no egg recipe online and tweaked it.  It called for butter and brown sugar but I used oil and white sugar instead.  I wasn't sure if it would work but it did!  Can you believe it?  They taste just like brownies.

chocolate oatmeal cookies no egg

I didn't know if the recipe would work so I made 3 desserts from one recipe.  I divided the batter into thirds.   I cooked some plain, some with oat meal, and some in a pan like brownies.  I added a no bake cheese cake topping to the brownies.  Now, I have sweets for tomorrow too!

chocolate brownie cheese cake, no egg, no bake


I hope you try this recipe, you will thank me.  Leave a comment and let me know if you do.

 

Chocolate Cookies Recipe


Ingredients:

1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 cup cocoa powder
2 cups flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt

Optional ingredients:
Peanut Butter Chips
Chocolate Chips
Mint Chips
Quick Oats

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix oil, sugar, and milk.  In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Then combine adding dry ingredients to wet ingredients.  Stir in optional ingredients.  Spoon on to non greased baking sheet.  Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool on pan for two minutes and then place on wire rack.

No Bake Cheese Cake Brownie

Brownie:

Follow the directions for mixing cookies and press in to a pan using wax paper.  Bake for 10 min at 350 degrees.  After it cools, add topping and refrigerate for 6 hours or until set.

Topping:

Ingredients:
1 14oz.can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 8 oz. pkg. Softened Cream Cheese 

Optional:
1tsp vanilla or 1tsp lemon juice

Directions:
Using a electric mixer beat cream cheese until smooth and slowly add condensed milk.  Pour mixture on top of brownies and refrigerate until cream cheese sets.

1 comment:

  1. Guess what! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out this page on how to accept!!

    http://www.pluckys-secondthought.com/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete