30 April 2013

Guest Blogger! Camila from TitiCrafty

Camila from TitiCrafty is visiting today and has a super creative craft to share with you.  She is a talented crafter and a new bloggy friend of mine.  I hope you enjoy her craft!  I'm so excited to do this one with the kids I even pinned this to my "Summer Crafting with the Kids Board."  Be sure to visit her blog for more crafty inspiration.


Móvil de bolas de lana. Un toque especial para mi estación de trabajo!


Sometimes we feel like there is something missing, monotony often makes us need change. That was happening to me, my workstation needed some life and love because I don't have much decoration in it.

A veces uno siente que en su entorno falta algo, la monotonía a veces hace que queramos cambios. Eso me pasaba a mi, me hacía falta algún toque a mi estación de trabajo, pues no tengo mayor decoración en ella y ya me esta haciendo falta. 



In many blogs (I couldn't say anymore which ones) I saw beautiful decorations of balls made with wool. It looked so NICE! But by that time I didn't thought about making them so I didn't bookmarked or anything. Then looking for ideas to decorate my workstation, I remembered those wool balls.

En varios blogs, ya no sabría decir en donde pues ha pasado tiempo, vi decoraciones hermosas con bolas hechas con lana. Me parecieron SÚPER! Pero en el momento no les di importancia más allá de lo original que era. Luego buscando una idea para decorar mi estación de trabajo, me acordé de esas bolas de lana.



This is my version of the wool balls mobile =D:

Esta es mi versión del móvil de bolas de lana =D:



What you need:

Lo que necesitas:





Thin the glue 50/50 with water. The idea is to have it a bit more fluid than it usually is.

La cola blanca la diluí a partes iguales, la idea es que quede un poco más líquida pero no muy líquida.



Pull out a big bunch of wool from the ball itself. Wrap it around your hand and then dip the wool into the glue/water mixture making it all wet.

Yo calculé por encima enrollando en mi mano una cantidad de lana según el tamaño de la bola y que tan tupido la quería, siempre es mejor poner de más. La sumergí en la cola diluida y mientras inflé unos globos al tamaño que quería las bolas.



Squeeze it out before wrapping but leave some mixture and place it in other container. Take on end and start wrapping the wet wool around the balloon. Wrap it in every which way. It's not necessary to keep any order .

Saqué la lana de allí exprimiéndola para sacar el exceso, debe quedar mojada pero no chorreando. Tomé una de las puntas, la ubiqué en el pico del globo y empecé a enrollar en todas las direcciones, sin orden.





I kept wrapping it in every direction until the the wool was over. It's a bit messy but it's a fun mess LOL. I suggest to doo it over a protected or plastic surface!

Enrollé y enrollé hasta que se me terminara la lana. Se hace desastre, pero es un desastre sabroso jajaja! Lo recomendable es que se haga sobre una superficie protegida o plástica.





I did the same with the rest of the balloons and let them dry over night.

Hice lo mismo con los demás globos y los dejé secar al aire libre de un día para otro.



When I touched them and they were completely dry, stiff and hard, I popped the balloons.  Then I was left with colorful decorative balls.

Cuando los toqué y estaban bien secos, exploté el globo, los saqué y así me quedaron unas lindas bolas coloridas.





I tight to them a long piece of nylon string to hang them. Made som organza bows and glued them to the balls with hot glue.

A todos les puse nylon blanco para colgarlos y les hice unos lazos en cinta de organza que los pegué con silicón caliente.





Then I grabbed together all the strings and arranged them in different heights, made a knot and hung them in the ceiling. I hid the nail with another organza ribbon =D.

Luego agarre todos los hijos de nylon y los fui acomodando a diferentes alturas, los anudé y los colgué del techo en la esquina de mi estación de trabajo y para que no se viera el clavo le puse un lazo de organza =D.



So, This is my workstation so far =D

Así me quedó mi oficina. =D. 






I know there is still a lot to do in my "office" (it is in my living room, I don't have much space at home) but little by little it's getting cozy, isn't it?!

Sé que aun me falta por hacer para que se vea más acogedora mi "oficina" (esta en el salón, no tengo mucho espacio en casa) pero poco a poco se va viendo mejor a que sí!





What do you think? If you like it your opinion is so important and it
totally makes my day, gives me a huge motivation to keep going and
making more crafts!!! If you like my happy little spot I invite you to
subscribe and get my updates. You also can follow me on the social
networks that would ROCK! 

¿Qué les ha parecido?. Si les gusta sus comentarios hacen mi día súper feliz :D y me motivan a hacer más cositas :D, si deseas saber cuando publico cosas nuevas puedes suscribirte al blog y seguirme por las redes sociales, eso sería genial :D



Til next time =D!!!

Hasta pronto =D!!!



1 comment:

  1. Great tutorial, Camila! I love your wool ball mobile! I can imagine that they would be fantastic party or wedding decorations as well!

    ReplyDelete