09 January 2013

Family Room Media Center

This year my to do list is all about organization.  My next (Husband Assisted) DIY project is an media center. When we first moved into our house I placed the t.v. on top of a sofa table, just to make do.  I need some where to store the movies and games and hide the wires.

Family Room Before

I knew that I wanted something modern.  So, naturally, I looked to Google for ideas.  
Here are a few that I found.

modern entertainment center

modern entertainment center

modern entertainment center

modern entertainment center

modern entertainment center

The last one is my favorite. I needed to make a few changes to better suit our family.  
Here is my design.

custom modern entertainment center, draft of modern entertainment center

I can't wait until it is finished to share and Phase 1 is complete!  Here are some pictures.  I'll post a tutorial when we have finished .  

modern entertainment center

modern entertainment center

Debbiedoo's

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how this progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your plan! It will be awesome!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you finish the media center yet? I am dying to see how it turned out. I'd really like to do something similar in my gameroom.

    ReplyDelete