16 November 2012

Yard Sale - UpCycle


I'll Call Her Vanity.

This vanity chair was begging me to save her at the yard sale.  (look at what else I found) I saw her and knew that she had so much potential.  I told her that if the price was right, I would fix her and find her a new home. 

New Fabric
I chose an upholstery fabric I already had.  I feel it will fit nicely with many different decors. I purchased it at a FlexSteel outlet store.  It is durable and stain resistant.  It has a protective backing too.

New Paint
Deciding the paint color was the most work.  Did I want Glossy White or Oil Rubbed Bronze.  My husband said go lighter and keep it more feminine.  I went to the store with thinking I wanted an Antique White.  Then I saw this.  Isn't it beautiful!  I knew it was the perfect choice.

Krylon - Caramel Latte 

Here she is all dressed up and ready to go.   She looks Perfect!  Better than I imagined!
Now, she needs a new home.
Vanity Chair

Sharing at:


Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

2 comments:

  1. I love this! It turned out so cute! We're hoping to buy a house in the next year and pieces of furniture like this where I can fix them up for cheap are perfect! I'm pinning this!

    ReplyDelete